Why learn French
- French is ranked the second most influential language in the world!
- French is the official language in 41 countries!
- Around the world 175 million people around the world understand, speak, read or write French!
- French is the most widely taught “second language” after English!
- French is one of the most frequently used languages on the Internet!
- French, along with English, is the official working language in dozens of international organizations or agencies!
- Speaking French will increase one’s job opportunities and salary potential!
- For those with appropriate French skills, there are possibilities to work in the following fields: international business, international agencies, tourism and hospitality industry, diplomatic service, post office, French research institutes, teaching, translation, interpreter, government!
- Over 50% of English words have their origins in French!
- In humanities and social sciences, many important writings have come from France!
- France is one of the world's major foreign tourist destinations (75 million tourists every year)!
- France is Europe's foremost investor abroad!
- Learning French will develop one’s critical and creative thinking skills!
- French is the lingua franca of culture, including art, cuisine, dance, and fashion!
- French opens up an entire world of sporting events to aficionados!
- France is renowned for the quality of its technology! It has the world's fastest commercial train, the TGV, the Channel Tunnel, and is a leader in aerospace, engineering and physics among others!
- France has won more Nobel Prizes for literature than any other country in the world (12) and is one of the top producers of international films!